Posted On : 08/23/2016
Lansing, IL, US
Technical position with occasional travel required. Requires customer focused lab work as assigned by supervisor, including paint and panel preparation, customer correlation work, record keeping, and other customer/product support activities as established by supervisor. Occasional overtime is required.
- Technical Skills: Requires general understanding of formula raw materials, and the general function of each component. Recognizes technical issues, applies basic understanding of coatings chemistry working with supervisor to analyze project results, and establishing a path forward for project. Contributes ideas for internal and external problem solving, uses product loading charts for formulating new colors, and may have occasional direct customer contact.
- Application Knowledge: Uses hand-spray application equipment to generate consistent test/evaluation panels. Learning key customer application methods and automated spray equipment concepts (e-stat, rotary, etc). Gaining a deeper understanding of the concepts required for consistent spray correlation (ie. atomization, gun speed and distance). Spray per existing correlations with limited assistance and capable of creating a new customer correlation with assistance. Modify product or application settings to improve product workability with guidance.
- Communication Skills: (oral and written): Communicate technical information/project results to chemists, group managers, and the Technical Director. Communicate frequently with in house representatives at assigned accounts and occasionally visit customer with FTS. Write monthly reports to manager, keep detailed records of all project formulations, results, and analyses in laboratory notebook; write detailed laboratory reports with conclusions, analysis, and supporting data for internal and external review. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and uses these tools to clearly communicate ideas and data.
- Customer Focus: Travel with other NB personnel to support customer needs. Demonstrate basic understanding of internal NB procedures to address customer requests. Adjust schedule as management requests in order to meet customer expectations and timelines. Relay results directly to FTS with management review. Basic customer interaction required with assistance.
- Business Process: Use existing business processes in order to transition paint from Lab to Plant to Customer Requires detailed understanding of these processes, and independent use in order to move tasks forward, including completion with a focus on timeliness.
The individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the job at a fully acceptable level.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- College degree in chemistry or other science field with 2 years relevant experience.
- Willing and able to travel and work overtime as required
- Strong work ethic, able to work well with minimal supervision
- Adapts well to priority shifts
Medical, Dental, Vision. 401K, Tuition Assistance